Mumble Rest api

Everything related to the inofficial Mumble client on Android named Plumble

Mumble Rest api

Postby vikash159 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:39 am

I need to know about the mumble rest apis do mumble server provide api to create, remove channel from android client code. i'm using the old android mumble code.
Also i need to check do mumble support user to user communication or other possible to communicate user to user.
Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.
vikash159

Re: Mumble Rest api

Postby fwaggle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:23 am

vikash159 wrote:I need to know about the mumble rest apis do mumble server provide api to create, remove channel from android client code. i'm using the old android mumble code.

No, Mumble's server is extensible via Ice, and you are free to develop your own RESTful API. We have an agreed-upon protocol for exporting the user tree (for use in server "viewers") in both XML and JSON format, but note that not all providers support this (some, like GameTracker I think, have invented their own protocol).

Check out Mumble-Django or MumPI for web interfaces that - I believe - also have their own APIs.

Also i need to check do mumble support user to user communication or other possible to communicate user to user.

I'm not sure what you mean here, do you mean like whispers?
Full disclosure: I run a semi-commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.
fwaggle
Team member
Team member

Return to Android