[Request] Soundfile option for "You joined channel"

Mumble about Mumble

[Request] Soundfile option for "You joined channel"

Postby Faxter » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Recently I started using Mumble 1.3 and am currently using the "1.3.0~867~g197f13e~snapshot" on Win7 Pro x64.

I like getting some form of audible feedback when working with audio-related tools like Mumble is.
That is the reason why I am missing some sound when I switch the channel. Something similar to the "Server Connected" message.

Request: Add an easy to configure sound option to the Settings -> Messages dialog for a "You joined channel" event.

I am quite new to mumble so please enlighten me if I understood smth wrongly or am missing some simple way of implementing this idea.
Faxter

Re: [Request] Soundfile option for "You joined channel"

Postby kissaki » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Could you check for an existing feature request or add a new one to our feature request or github tracker?
We will not be able to track them and their progress here.
(And its not done *that* fast that I could just do it in 5 mins.)
MumPI: Your Mumble Web Interface in PHP
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Postby Faxter » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Added an issue to the github.
I had searched for some place I could leave feature-requests, but totally missed the fact that the project is on git.
Faxter

Postby Entrepwn3rr » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:40 pm

There are actually quite a number of options already available to customize server event messages.

If you go into the messages settings menu, you can customize the type of notifications the software will activate upon an event.

You can add specific sound files per event. So you could find recorded noises or messages and use those, or heck, even have your favorite girlfriend record some in a nice sexy voice for you. ;)
Entrepwn3rr

Return to General