Murmur php

How to do...

Murmur php

Postby skaviouz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:06 pm

I want to control murmur thru php, to include authentication, etc.

I don't have shelll access, but I have root ftp access and cron.
which means I can't install Ice traditionally? unless I have precompiled php or something, and replace it's directory?
but I'm primarily a windows user, which means I am a newbie at linux. I have a CentOS 6.3 (RHEL 6.3 based) VPS.

I have thought about making a java applet, covering my page in iframes, and using javascript to pull and push from the applet; but ...

What do you think I should do? I heard that DBus sucks, and not to use it. I've tried asking for help on IRC but ppl are quiet for the last 24 hrs.
skaviouz

Re: Murmur php

Postby fwaggle » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:30 pm

DBus is terrible for Murmur's purposes, and is basically deprecated. As far as I know, it won't receive any updates and could possibly be removed at some point.

I'd advise against putting Ice into a Java applet, as anyone who can take the applet apart can then find out your Ice credentials and take almost full control over the Mumble server.

Having said that, with CentOS you're probably going to be in for a world of pain doing anything at all with Ice.
Full disclosure: I run a semi-commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.
fwaggle
Team member
Team member

Return to Usage