Question about mumble-embedding into live-Internetframe

Ice/DBus, Web-Interfaces, Management tools

Question about mumble-embedding into live-Internetframe

Postby xspyrox » Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi there :)
I'm new to mumble, so i've got a question.
Is the following possible with mumble? :

I want to show the channel of a mumble-server in the internetexplorer. There, i want to edit it that way, that i only see the little indicators, that are showing, if someone is speaking or not.
Above these indicators i want to implement a picture or little videobox (well, this is html/php then, nothing to do witth mumble itself).
This is, what is not the problem, i think.
BUT: I want these indicators to be LIVE. So when a user mutes his mic, then this indicator should update in the internetframe within a second or so.

Also, i want to interact with the internetframe. Like, i list the subchannels of the actual channel there and if the user clicks on another channel in this internetframe, he is moved there on the server.

Hmm.... i hope, you get the idea of it. I think, it's hard to describe :/

So in the end, i have a HTML/PHP-Site. The user opens it and sees 4 sqares with pictures/videos. Underneth each picture/video there is the voice-indicator, updates almost live (within a second or so).
And the user can see 3 subchannels on the side. If he clicks there, he will swap to that subchannel and the memberlist with pictures/videos is updated to users in that subchannel.

I wanted to ask, if this is possible, before i start this project and after 50% of the work i see, that it's impossible due to some tecnical things.

Best wishes and thanks in advance for your help :)

XspYroX
xspyrox

Re: Question about mumble-embedding into live-Internetframe

Postby kissaki » Fri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm

This person asked in IRC as well,
where we pointed out that channel viewers do provide such viewing capabilities.
A channel switching is possible via the Mumble (mumble://) URLs.
Other than that, there is no easy way to directly control the mumble client from a webbrowser.
MumPI: Your Mumble Web Interface in PHP
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Return to Scripting