[SOLVED] Mumble Server View on Website

Ice/DBus, Web-Interfaces, Management tools

[SOLVED] Mumble Server View on Website

Postby revtek » Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 am

Hi there.

I was wondering if its possible to have a box in a website displaying the "Whos on the Mumble Server" like in TS. Showing whos on, whos off, what server, button to start Mumble and go directly to server... that kind of stuff. This would be extremely handy for me.

Thanks and sorry if its not the right section to post this; I wasnt too sure. ;)
revtek

Re: Mumble Server View on Website

Postby kissaki » Thu May 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Yes, that's absolutely possible.
You can do a small script on your own using the Ice-Middleware to query for the data, see Ice in wiki for that,
or check the current web-interfaces and viewers, also in the wiki
MumPI: Your Mumble Web Interface in PHP
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Postby meuslix » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:23 am

now i don't know if this guy is like me (the OP, that is), but i'm a stupid guy. i run a clan of gamers and we know how to kick ass, and that is it. we don't know how to do anything else, especially run voice chat servers. i use gameservers.com for my mumble hosting, because that's who i always used for ventrilo and other server hosting solutions, etc. now, they tell me that all the web-viewer widgets (for lack of a better term) require a lot of server side configuration, which they are not willing to do, notably the installation of ice. and i can't really see how the web interfaces would help out here at all. what i need is something like what you see on www.cerealkillaz.org, where their ventrilo server is monitored. is there anything like that out there?

/|\\
meuslix

Postby kissaki » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:40 pm

For a Mumble-Hoster they don't need to install anything different to enable Ice and make it call-able from other hosters.
They'd just have to enable Ice in Mumble/Murmur and specify the ip, port and icesecret Ice should listen on.
And they surely could do that!

Then you still need a webspace/hoster for your website who can call Ice though. And that one needs php with ice extension or python with ice lib or something the like, depending on what kind of app you want to run to display a viewer/monitor/interface.
A desktop-client which connects through Ice is also imaginable.
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Postby princemichi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:46 pm

or just install a global script on this server and include the channelviewer from this script with an iframe.
MAP - Mumb1e Admin Plugin go to -> http://www.mumb1e.de/
princemichi

Postby meuslix » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 am

what does "just install a global script on this server and include the channelviewer from this script with an iframe." mean?

seriously, treat me like i am very dumb, mainly because i am when it comes to this. i know how to copy and paste embed codes and such, which is how i got my ventrilo viewer in there, but it was provided from elsewhere. choose colors, copy paste, that's like heaven to me. now about the following:

"They'd just have to enable Ice in Mumble/Murmur and specify the ip, port and icesecret Ice should listen on."

is this an ini file they could open?

/|\\
meuslix

Postby kissaki » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:01 pm

princemichi wrote:or just install a global script on this server and include the channelviewer from this script with an iframe.

Which would, at least for PHP, require more setup on the hosters side, which he said, they wouldn't do.
Same for python with django…

meuslix wrote:"They'd just have to enable Ice in Mumble/Murmur and specify the ip, port and icesecret Ice should listen on."

is this an ini file they could open?

Yes, that's an ini setting in the Murmur.ini (Mumble Server ini)
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Postby meuslix » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:11 am

is it possible to tell me more specifically how to instruct them to modify the murmur.ini? they have indicated that they would be willing to do so.

/|\\
meuslix

Postby kissaki » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 am

The murmur.ini file has a line
Code: Select all
#ice="tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6502"
Just uncomment it to
ice="tcp -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6502"
and change the ip and port appropriately you/they want it to listen on.
As of 1.2.2 there's also
icesecret=
which should be set to something to secure the connection with a password (with icesecret we don't need Glacier2, the Ice firewall, anymore).
icesecret=c15nr7rt7f7ef6
or sth.

Then you can make your scripts call ice via the IP + Port (with the appropriate pw).
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Return to Scripting