[SOLVED] spectator mode for mumble. delay

Ice/DBus, Web-Interfaces, Management tools

[SOLVED] spectator mode for mumble. delay

Postby manticore7 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

I've been trying to broadcast live games of my friends playing the game League of legends. in the game they have a spectator mode where i can watch their games, but they have a delay of 3 minuets. so no one can cheat "Ghosting". at the same time they are all on mumble communicating but it is in real time. as a result their communications don't sync with the video. is there a way to make mumble temporarily record the audio then play it back to me at a 3 minuet delay. so that when i record everything all syncs together?

League of Legends is a popular game right now and many people are streaming games on line @ twitch.tv I think that this advancement in the software will be very popular.
manticore7

Re: spectator mode for mumble. delay

Postby kissaki » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:28 pm

You have several options here.

You can fiddle with your systems audio devices, and use some drivers/software to introduce a delay. Just use your set up device as Mumbles output device.

Alternatively, use Mumbles recording feature to record the audio into a file, and play it back appropriately in your stream.

Yet another alternative, and probably the most precise while still relatively simple to set up (compared to option 1): Use a delying-bot like Eve-Bot https://gitorious.org/mumble-scripts/mu ... RPC/eveBot
It joins one channel, and plays back the audio 3 minutes later to a different channel.
MumPI: Your Mumble Web Interface in PHP
kissaki
Team member
Team member

Return to Scripting