- cod4, cod5, codmw2, etqw, wolfet Fetch() is used to check the function of the plug-in before sending true back in trylock(). Only the fetch function has a width range of values for the state check that will cause the function to return true. So different versions of the executable will return true for trylock(). This can result in a strange behaviour of the plug-in.
- bf2142, bfbc2, bfheroes The avatar vectors are filled before making a clean exit when the state vectors says your are not in a map. The avatar vector will still be send via the server to the other users in the channel. So if someone else in the channel is in the map he will hear you positionally while you are not in the map.
- l4d, l4d2 Sting assignments within a for loop. The context and identity string are assigned three times with the same value.
- arma2 Checking a variable before you have checked if the variable was read correctly by peekProc().
- bfbc2 Call to generic_unlock() in the fetch function. This seems incorrect, when compared to other plug-ins.
- etqw According to the comments the first and last entry of the front vector are incorrectly calculated. They need to be avatar_front = cos(vievHor) * cos(viewVer); and avatar_front = sin(viewHor) * cos(viewVer);
- lotro According to the comments the axis system is already left-handed, but it is made right-handed by switching to axis. The axis needs to by cycled. To get the y-axis pointing upward use, x->z, y->x, z->y. For the heading I can not give advice as I can not find comments how the angle is defined. (Talked to the coder and the comments in the source were wrong, so this remark can scratched)
- aoc, bf2, cod4, cs, css, dods, dys, etqw, gmod, hl2dm, insurgency, tf2, ut2004, ut3 The namespace std is used in the code. I did not put this in the error section, but some coders probably think it would be.
- aoc, css, dods, dys, gmod, hl2dm, insurgency, tf2 In fetch() move the string handling after possible quick escapes. The strings are filled while in a later part of the function there is a check that can exit the function with false.
- arma2, lotro, wow In these plugins there are several variables, functions or included headers that are not used. Cleaning up the code will make them better readable.
- cod2, cod4, cod5, codmw2, codmw2so, etqw, wolfet When angle are used to calculated the front vector also calculated the top vector and not provide a top vector which is almost never orthogonal to the front vector. The positional audio will work, but mumble has to recreate the top vector be finding the azimuth and inclination angle.
- arma2, bf1942, ut2004 There is not check if one is in a map or not. This can result in strange behaviour of the plugin. I have not put it in the error section, as I know how hard it can be to find a good state value.
- aoc, cs, css, dods, dys, gmod, hl2dm, insurgency, l4d, l4d2,tf2 The angles to calculate the front and top vector are checked, but why is that specific range picked? The range for the angles are -360<v<360 and -360<h<360, and for the cs plugin it is even -720<v<720 and -720<h<720. It will work as sin and cos are periodic, but why not have a range that spans 360 degrees for v and 180 degrees for h?
- bf2, bf2142, bfheroes Why return the fetch function with false when the user is not logged in? Are the pointers not working or is there no option to play a multiplayer game when you are not loggedin?
There you have it, another walk of text by the one and only forum spammer Mr. Rawnar.