This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Problems listing my server in the public server list

kevinsky25

Hi all,

I'm having some issues listing my server in the public server list. The following message appears in the logfiles once every hour: "Registration failed: Host not found". The "registerHostname" value is resolving to the correct IP address. The server is running CentOS 6.3 and the latest stable version of murmur. Resolving mumble.hive.no works fine as well.

Since I've migrated from CentOS 5.9 to 6.3 I tried a brand new installation of murmur as well, but unfortunately without result. :)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Kevin

Could you try a self-compiled version? Doing that on CentOS 6 should be possible without being driven into suicide (or so I have been led to believe) ;)

Hey dd0t, thank you for your reply.

I tried to compile it myself, but I get the same result. I also noticed that some websites don't know where my server is located (as in which country). Could this be the issue perhaps?

I've contacted my host about this and they said that everything is set correctly. They also told me that the ip address that I have is not listed in the GeoIP database that murmur is probably using to locate my server, which is something they have no influence on.

One of the ip addresses I got is 185/10/48/75.

Best regards,

Kevin