This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

iOS Mumble works, OSX version times out.

famidesu

Hello,

The problem I experience is weird. First I thought there was something wrong with my router (D-Link)

but now after installing the iOS version of Mumble on my iPhone those doubts are out of my mind.

It works fine on iOS, but whenever I try to connect to a certain IP on OSX, I cannot. I'm getting a

connection timeout.

Why?

OS X Version 10.8.2, Fiber LAN connection 100/10, iPhone goes through Wifi and desktop computer goes

through standard cable.

• Administrators

Seems to me like this could be a QoS problem. The iOS client doesn't use QoS, but the OS X client does, by default.

You can disable QoS in Preferences -> Network -> Use Quality of Service (ensure 'Advanced' is on - it's the checkbox in the top right of the Preferences window).

Hope it helps.

Thank you for taking time to answer. This is one of the answers I found on the

net searching before posting here. However this solution does not work, I'm

entirely clueless now. At one point I got a message saying that mumble could

not verify server version, however this message only came when I used 'force TCP'.

EDIT:

I have always been able to connect to open servers...it's just that I can't do it

when it comes to this certain IP. Really bums me out.