This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

All sound distorted

bondirescue

I have never been able to get mumble working on my computer. All sound that comes out is distorted. I have tried the solution here http://www.mumble.com/support/mumble-server-robotic-distorted-voice.php and also through other google posts, but nothing has worked. I thought with the new release that things might now be working, but still the same issue. None of my guildmates have this issue and none of their suggestions have worked. I have deleted and reinstalled the program 3 times, upgraded my sound drivers and checked all settings. If I cannot get this working, I will not be able to raid. Vent works totally fine on my machine, never had an issue with it. I am running Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit edition, service pack 1. Processor is an AMD Phenom X4 955, 4Gb ram. Motherboard is an ASUS M4A89GTD-Pro.

I have similar problems with mumble 1.2.3a. My System is Windows 7/32bit. At first my Voice were extremly distortioned. I tried your suggestions, but it doesn't help. I tried to start mumble in XP compatible mode and I tried to adjust the settings like suggested in the support file bondirescue mentioned. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the Software. My microfone settings are ok. I tested it with win7 recording and with skype echo test. Until November last year mumble functioned very well on the same system.

It seems to me, that it can have todo with some automatic volume controle inside mumble. Thats because during audio setup inside mumble when I said nothing, at first there was silence. Then the noise came up with increasing volume. The noise is like tweeting and snaaring and its volume behaves pumping with a permanent increasing volume. When I say something very loud, the noise disappeared. Then it starts again to be louder. The same behaviar on two different servers.

best regards