This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Crashes Constantly, Persists through Reinstalls

wiseguy149

I've been having some problems lately with mumble. (Windows 7 64 bit)

It started out where mumble was ignoring my push-to-talk binding. When I opened the settings menu to check it, I found that mumble would freeze whenever I clicked apply.

I have since reinstalled mumble and cleared out the files and rebooted my computer many, many times and my problem is now slightly different.

The first time I launch mumble after a new install, it freezes after a few button clicks in the setup wizard. Any subsequent times I attempt to launch mumble, I just get an all white window and it instantly freezes.

I have no idea how this problem could be persisting after reinstalling it and deleting all of the relevant files.

• Administrators

Generally, freezes and crashes are often driver issues.

I remember someone had such an issue in the past, when applying his settings. I don’t remember the specifics though.

I’ll send a heads-up on IRC …