This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Application Error 0xc0000022 [Solved]

karphead

Hello, ran into this problem after install and managed to solve it myself. Putting it out there if anyone else runs into it.

After installing Mumble and trying to run it for the first time I was getting an Application Error 0xc0000022. Googling turned up that this error is usually tied to a program trying to access a driver that has permission issues.

To figure out what drivers Mumbles installs I used a program called lessmsi to open up the .msi installer. Looking at the .dlls I saw that these two install to the system folder: msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll.

http://www.crepusculum.org:3711/domus/images/lessmsi.png

Doing a search I found those two files inside my C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder. I checked both on their permissions (right-click, Properties -> Security) it appeared that there were no permissions set up for me or Adminstrators at all which was most likely giving me the error.

To fix, I first gave myself ownership of those files. From a command prompt (running as Adminstrator), type:

takeown /f C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll

takeown /f C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll

Then I give Adminstrators ownership:

icacls C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F

icacls C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F

Using lessmsi I extract those two files from the installer to my desktop, make sure the permissions are good and then copy them over the older ones:

copy C:\Users\allan\Desktop\SourceDir\Win\System\msvcp100.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll

copy C:\Users\allan\Desktop\SourceDir\Win\System\msvcr100.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll

That's it! I'm up and running Mumble now with no issues (knock on wood)...