This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Modify default settings pre-install

bsammnz

I am looking for a way to install the mumble client with a different set of default settings - namely I want to enable transmit position, enable positional headphones, and change max distance to 100m and min volume to 5%.

It seems like I could change these in the settings.cpp file pre-build for Windows (target OS) but I am afraid I will butcher the build process.

the solution doesn't need to be clean - I was considering modifying the values in the registry too, but that seems like a very sketchy solution.

There will likely be another script that initiates a silent install of mumble, and it would be no problem for it to simply run another config script after mumble is installed.

Thanks!!

• Administrators

Personally, I would go for the registry adjustment post installation.

This leaves the Mumble program and installation as is, preventing any possible future incompatibilities or otherwise hidden changes.