This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble not taking mic input

tomthefrog

My old USB webcam microphone worked with mumble, but my new condenser one doesn't, yet the input levels are correct as it works with Skype and Audacity. Whenever I use the Audio Wizard, I don't get out of the blue hearing bar (e.g. very low volume) unless I put my mouth literally to the microphone, at which point is is incredibly distorted and impossible to make out what I'm saying. I use Voice Activity, and my sample rate for the mic is set to 48000Hz, so there shouldn't be any problems there.

It just seems to be a problem with Mumble not taking the input of the microphone like the other programs do, but I can't for the life of me work out how to fix it. Help!

• 1 year later...

Your microphone/amp/mixer will likely only produce mono output, and if you feed that into a stereo input on the computer, it's possible that Mumble will just listen to the wrong channel. Mix the microphone signal to all channels of the input and you should be fine.

I had a similar issue, with TS3 picking up the mic just fine and Mumble getting nothing until I realised that one program only listens to the left channel of a stereo pair, while the other uses only the right channel.

What model are we talking about here? Are you using the newest drivers for it?

I am using a Turtle Beach PX4 and it is connected through Bluetooth to my PC. I have been using it without any problems for the past 8 months or so and suddenly its not working. I tried messing with the settings and the inputs to no avail.