This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Certificate failing Verification, no fix seems to work

kareth

I've been using Mumble RC 1.2.4 for a few days, just upgraded to the latest version today and am now getting the following error:

Server Presented a certificate which failed verification..

The specific errors with this certificate are:

1. The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate

2. the certificate is self-signed and untrusted

Do you wish to accept this certificate anyway?

I click yes and the dialog keeps appearing. I uninstalled mumble, deleted the folder, reinstalled. Tried creating a new certificate from the certificate wizard and then signing into the server with a different nickname, but no luck.

Can anybody help me?

In mumble I also see the following:

[8:09:29 PM] Reconnecting.

[8:09:30 PM] SSL Verification failed: The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate

[8:09:30 PM] SSL Verification failed: The certificate is self-signed, and untrusted

Others are on the server with no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's how I fixed it:

Open up Windows Explorer and go to Organize->Folder and Search Options->View->Show Hidden Folders. Click OK.

Now go to C:\Users\[YOUR MAIN WINDOWS ACCOUNT NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Mumble

Cut: Console.txt, mumble.sqlite, and any other files in there. Paste them to your desktop.

Launch Mumble and try to connect to your intended server.

It will give you the same error message, but hit OK or YES or whatever it was.

It then connects successfully!

Delete the files that you put on your desktop.