This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Restricting move permissions

alum23

We have an issue where officers are dragging their buddies into a private channel which annoys other members in the channel.

I'm having trouble establishing a channel that denies any type of entry by non-registered/auth users to that specific channel. If I deny traverse/enter/move privileges to @all, but allow officers/administrators to use the move permission, non-auth users can still be dragged into the channel. If I deny move privileges to admins/officers, they can no longer move each other which also causes a headache when they need to move admin/officer/registered users into or out of the private channel.

Did I miss something in the ACL wiki or is this just not possible? I don't want to deny officers the ability to move members and each other, but I also don't want non-registered users to be able to enter the channel.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...