This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Gif animation

beholder69

• 3 months later...

So, will there be gifs?

Funny gifs are often the highlight of our TS3 server and without them, there is no way i can persuade my friends to switch to Mumble.

This would even be a chance to outmatch TS3's 300x300 gif size limit.

I am a programmer, maybe I could add the support myself?

• Administrators

I don’t think this is a priority for us right now, although the code change may not be that big.

Making gifs available are probably most useful for *fun* indeed, but could also be used for guides for example - although one has to wonder if inside Mumble would be the place for that.

They can however also be used for abuse and annoyance. Though that’s the case for a lot of other stuff as well - just needs moderation …

Sure you could add the support yourself.

You could open a feature request for further discussion,

or straight away implement it and send a pull request on github.

I can’t give you a pointer where to start though. The imaging stuff is provided by Qt though.