This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Can't Register

jordan12321

After noticing some really high ping in mumble and a ton of lag, I decided to restart my computer. Once back, it wouldnt let me join ANY servers it kept giving me this: SSL Verification failed: The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate

[8:27:57 PM] SSL Verification failed: The certificate is self-signed, and untrusted

I changed my name, it still didnt work. I then uninstalled then installed 1.2.4 and it is still doing the same thing!

Please help!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Please check with the servers admin what kind of server certificate he is using.

You should be able to accept automatically generated certs.

If it’s a “strong” cert, but without a strong chain verification may differ on different operating systems and settings.

E.g. maybe he uses a self signed cert and your settings deny it as acceptable.