This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble holding mic open

pyth151

Out of the blue today I noticed my mic was being held open all the time. After some quick fooling around I figured its only when mumble is open that it's doing this. My push to talk is all set up properly and enabled, and it doesn't transmit to mumble unless I have said push to talk engaged. But the mic is held open none the less.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it started doing this, or how to get it to stop. Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he means that when he releases the PTT button, the mic gets "stuck" on. I've noticed this as well in the snapshot builds. It's very easy to reproduce, especially if you run two games at once for example and Alt-Tab out. Either Mumble will not recognize the keypress for the PTT key and you have to Alt-Tab into the game (or games) before Mumble will accept the keypress. Same thing can happen if you go to stop talking. The key will get stuck pressed down according to Mumble and you have to Alt-Tab into the game (or games) to get it to release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Works for me.

When I PTT down, alt-tab, then release PTT voice activity stops.

Even with a high hold voice activity setting if I PTT down+up, then alt-tab while voice activity is still active it stops after the hold time.

1.2.4-119

Win7 x64

Try this:

• Run one fullscreen game.
  • Start another full screen game as this will increase the chances of it happening.
  • Alt-tab out to your web browser and surf for a bit. Chat on Mumble, etc.

When the issue occurs, Mumble will lock up (Not Responding) and you'll either have to alt-tab back into the two games or give it time to allow it to recover. Alt tabbing into the games makes it faster to recover. I think this has been occurring since the first 1.2.4 snapshot release.

Hope that helps.