This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble randomly stops working

enzymic

Hi,

My issue is that after being connected for a while (10-15min) it will randomly stop working. It doesn't freeze or anything, but I can't hear or speak. I have to disconnect and reconnect for it to work for another 10-15min.

Someone told me this can be solved via port forwarding, but that requires access to the router? I recently moved into college so I'm using a new network (which means I don't have access to the router or anything).Is there another way to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

P.S: Other VoiP programs such as Vent or TS3 work just fine, it's only Mumble that seems to have issues. Also, it's not just one Mumble server, it's happened on any mumble server that I've joined.

Thanks again