This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Can't Hear Anything

kaspershy

When I start up Mumble, I can't hear system sound. I also can't hear people speak, but they can hear me. When I close Mumble, I can hear my system sound again.

I have tried the following:

1.) Uninstalling/Reinstalling Headset Drivers

2.) Uninstalling/Reinstalling Mumble

3.) Uninstalling/Upgrading Mumble to 1.2.5

4.) Setting All Mumble Settings to Default

I've having the same issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling in compatibility mode. I'm using windows 8 as my operating system and I know my headset is working as I use it with Steam chat. The headset is a Microsoft Wireless Xbox 360 headset. The only noise i hear coming from Mumble are the text-to speech notifications. I'm getting extremely annoyed with this situation and it's driving me insane trying to fix this, i've tried almost about everything with no luck. Does anyone have any solutions or have this same problem?

• 2 years later...