This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Question about "Suppress" option working selectively

panaphobe

Hello. I've got a question about a the suppress function for push-to-talk keys. It seems to work as intended for most other programs, but does not work in all cases. It failing to work in a specific program is actually beneficial to me, and I've been used to it acting this way for a long time, but I'm trying to get it to not suppress for another program. Here are the nitty gritty details:

I currently use FRAPS to record gameplay on various games. Along with the gameplay audio I record my Mumble output and, when using my push-to-talk key, my microphone input. As my settings are now, I have my Mumble push-to-talk set to 'suppress', and I have the same push-to-talk key set in FRAPS. This works fine - which it really shouldn't if the 'suppress' functionality always worked. My push-to-talk key is suppressed from all of my other programs except FRAPS, for which it still works fine. This is great for me, because I only need to use one button to talk into Mumble and record what I'm saying (without picking up all of the backround crap in between).

For video performance reasons, I'd like to switch to a different video recording software. My problem is that I cannot seem to get any other recording software to recognize a push-to-talk key that is being suppressed by Mumble. I've tried Dxtory, various versions of Playclaw, and Open Broadcaster Software - nothing seems to be able to "see through" Mumble's key suppression like FRAPs does. I'm trying to figure out possible causes for this difference, and if there is anything I can try to get other recording programs to also recognize the same push-to-talk key.

Does anybody here have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks for your time.

• Administrators

Why not just not suppress the button press?

This is great for me, because I only need to use one button to talk into Mumble and record what I'm saying (without picking up all of the backround crap in between).

That still works if not suppressed.