Jump to content
Mumble forums

Mumble Completely Takes Over Output Audio On All Settings


meg1123
 Share

Recommended Posts

As title says, when I have another software up with mumble up. I cannot hear anything from the other software. (That includes YouTube) I have turned off the

"Exclusive" setting under mumble. I also have set my device to deny exclusive access to programs and I still get the same issue. I also set the attunement option to 0%. (Before it was @ 50%) I have also fiddled around with all selections under the device output during the audio wizard. (Under Mumble Of Course) Its very frustrating that I cannot hear whatever else I'm doing when I have mumble up. I need both up to communicate and* play with who I'm communicating with. Please Help Anyone. @_@

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Disable exclusive mode in Mumbles settings (advanced) or your systems audio device (allow exclusive acces).

Disallow audio attenuation for VoIP applications in your system audio device settings or set attenuate to 100 % in Mumbles settings (which should be greyed out if disabled).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having a similar problem. But its ONLY when using my Logitech G35 usb headset. As soon as mumble is launched, the sound levels randomly change on all other programs. I have all the settings disabled, so that nothing takes control of any sound levels.


This is a new problem. I have been using this setup for years with mumble and have never run in to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I had this EXACT SAME ISSUE with Windows 8 and my SK PLYR1 headset.


Right-click on the mumble executable and select compatibility mode, choose Windows XP SP3.

Close and restart Mumble.


This completely resolved my problem and I am receiving game audio and Mumble communication simultaneously, FINALLY!


I hope this helps those of you dealing with this exact same issue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I had this EXACT SAME ISSUE with Windows 8 and my SK PLYR1 headset.


Right-click on the mumble executable and select compatibility mode, choose Windows XP SP3.

Close and restart Mumble.


This completely resolved my problem and I am receiving game audio and Mumble communication simultaneously, FINALLY!


I hope this helps those of you dealing with this exact same issue!

 

Ironically, this made it worse for me. Using a Logitech G930.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I had this EXACT SAME ISSUE with Windows 8 and my SK PLYR1 headset.


Right-click on the mumble executable and select compatibility mode, choose Windows XP SP3.

Close and restart Mumble.


This completely resolved my problem and I am receiving game audio and Mumble communication simultaneously, FINALLY!


I hope this helps those of you dealing with this exact same issue!

 

Ironically, this made it worse for me. Using a Logitech G930.

 

I had the same issue at first.

After you switch to XP (Service Pack 3) you'll have to go back to audio output (or simply run the audio wizard) and disable positional audio again.

After that run the audio wizard and listen to the recording in the "Device Tuning" portion.

If you can hear the recording clearly, your chipmunk problem has been solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...