This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Completely Takes Over Output Audio On All Settings

meg1123

As title says, when I have another software up with mumble up. I cannot hear anything from the other software. (That includes YouTube) I have turned off the

"Exclusive" setting under mumble. I also have set my device to deny exclusive access to programs and I still get the same issue. I also set the attunement option to 0%. (Before it was @ 50%) I have also fiddled around with all selections under the device output during the audio wizard. (Under Mumble Of Course) Its very frustrating that I cannot hear whatever else I'm doing when I have mumble up. I need both up to communicate and* play with who I'm communicating with. Please Help Anyone. @_@

• Administrators

Disable exclusive mode in Mumbles settings (advanced) or your systems audio device (allow exclusive acces).

Disallow audio attenuation for VoIP applications in your system audio device settings or set attenuate to 100 % in Mumbles settings (which should be greyed out if disabled).

I'm having a similar problem. But its ONLY when using my Logitech G35 usb headset. As soon as mumble is launched, the sound levels randomly change on all other programs. I have all the settings disabled, so that nothing takes control of any sound levels.

This is a new problem. I have been using this setup for years with mumble and have never run in to this.

• 8 months later...

I had this EXACT SAME ISSUE with Windows 8 and my SK PLYR1 headset.

Right-click on the mumble executable and select compatibility mode, choose Windows XP SP3.

Close and restart Mumble.

This completely resolved my problem and I am receiving game audio and Mumble communication simultaneously, FINALLY!

I hope this helps those of you dealing with this exact same issue!

• 3 months later...

Right-click on the mumble executable and select compatibility mode, choose Windows XP SP3.

This completely resolved my problem and I am receiving game audio and Mumble communication simultaneously, FINALLY!

Ironically, this made it worse for me. Using a Logitech G930.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically, this made it worse for me. Using a Logitech G930.

I had the same issue at first.

After you switch to XP (Service Pack 3) you'll have to go back to audio output (or simply run the audio wizard) and disable positional audio again.

After that run the audio wizard and listen to the recording in the "Device Tuning" portion.

If you can hear the recording clearly, your chipmunk problem has been solved.