This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble on same network

pipehippy

Hi,

I've been using mumble for a few months now, and love it!

Recently however, I have wanted to let my son join the murmur server that is hosted on my pc, on the same network as him. And while he can join the group, no one else can hear him(he can hear us). His lips go red on his client, but sound is not transmitted.

It definitely has something to do with my LAN. I tried plumble on my phone, if I try to connect over wifi on my LAN I have exactly the same problem, on my phone my lips go red, but not no sound is transmitted. As soon as I switch to 3g, it works perfectly. I just don't understand how people run multiple mumble clients to the same server on the same network when it seems you'd need to forward the same port to multiple pc's

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.