This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Missing Functionality?

mopsie2002

Hey all! I've been a Ventrilo user, but we decided to give Mumble a try, so I'm trying to figure things out. A few things I'm not finding and would love:

1. A way to keybind talking to a specific group of people. (We like to be able to have officer-only chatting when circumstances dictate.)

2. A way to mute incoming sound without also muting myself. We have two people in the same room sometimes and like to be able to only have audio on one. I can individually mute people, but that's a pain in the butt to switch back and forth and also leads to:

3. When a person is locally muted, their icon doesn't light up when talking. I'd love to still be able to see that.

If they're not possible, what's the proper way to request them? Thanks!

• Moderators

1. Configure -> Settings -> Shortcuts -> Add whisper/shout and add your users to the list...

2. I don't really understand... Don't know any other functions than "server wide mute" and "local mute".

3. Not possible, but already sometimes requested. Couldn't find a feature request, you could create one :) (https://sourceforge.net/p/mumble/feature-requests/)

For #2, there's currently "Mute yourself" and "Deafen yourself." The latter seems like what I want, until I click it and notice that it also triggers "Mute yourself." I want the deafen without the mute. Equivalent to Vent's "Mute Sound" (it also has "Mute Microphone/Binds" which is equivalent to the "Mute yourself" option, I assume).

• Moderators

It was possible to deaf without mute long time ago, but it was "fixed". Please create a feature request for this :)

A temporary and bad solution could be to create a shortcut to increase/decrease output volume (in 10% steps).