This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Overlay on Google Chrome

royal2000h

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Mumble. Is there a way to get Mumble to overlay Google Chrome? I know that's not the standard way to play games but I do play an online web-based multiplayer game (Tagpro) and mumble is the common way to communicate. It would be nice to know who is talking!

Is this possible at all? I've already tried removing chrome from the excluded apps list (and rebooting mumble).

Well my screen and resolution are large enough to be able to fit both my browser and mumble on screen even without minimal. Still with a large server, it's harder to notice who is talking when. With overlay, you can set it up so only those who are talking in your room have their names visible in the overlay. That would be a nice feature to have.