This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

How do I: Have Mumble Dampen Itself When Push-To-Talk

roumba

I often use Mumble without a headset or with a headset on a desk acting as just a microphone. As a result of the closeness of speakers and microphone, there can be what I'll call 'feedback' where I try to talk but someone speaks over me and gets transmitted back to everyone in the channel along with my own voice. This feedback is surely as irritating for others as it is for me when I hear it happening to other people.

I understand a solution can be to just use headphones instead of speakers, but sometimes I don't want to, or simply cannot. What do I need to do so I can have Mumble lower its own volume when I press the push-to-talk key, just like it does with other applications?