This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

different sound during wizard or when connected

poumtatalia

Hi there,

I'm new to mumble, so apologies if this is too silly a question.

I just installed mumble on Ubuntu 12.04. Running the audio wizard no problem, and while running the wizard the settings sound OK wether I speak or just listen. Only weird bit is that I struggle to eliminate an echo while I'm actually using headphones.

Now when I actually connect to a murmur serveur, people complained that I was either not audible or to noisy when rising the mike's volume.

I restarted the audio wizard, sounded good again, then went to test "Recording" to test a silence followed by speech. The silent bit ois OK, bus as soon as I speak it's too loud and with some high pitched background noise.

Apart from that I successfully use Skype without those issues, which means that there shouldn't be hardware troubles I guess.

Any hint there?

Thanks in advance for your help.