This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Overlay won't work

whbenz

I have 2 computers, bot running windows 7 64bit. One has version 1.2.4 and the other has 1.2.5 and neither will show the overlay on the desktop. I see the desktop screen in the configure window, and the checkbox for the 'Enable Overlay' is checked. I can move the little configuration list around the screen, but hitting APPLY or OK buttons won't display the overlay. Have no idea why it won't display.

• Administrators

On the desktop?

I don’t think the overlay does what you think it does.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Overlay

> that will overlay the nicknames of users in the channel or users talking over your currently running game.

It will not display on your system desktop.

The configuration dialog will merely use the desktop because it has nothing else to work with, and so you can see the proportions and positioning on the monitor. It is working on a static screenshot of the desktop.

The overlay will only display in hardware accelerated drawn stuff using OpenGL or Direct3D.