This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble client on RPi, shortcut problems

nickehallgren

Hi,

I'm running the Mumble client on an Raspberry Pi and it work great. I now want to use Mumble to make an intercom system and I want to access the shortcuts (PTT, volume, etc) from external switches connected to the GPIO. I'm using python to send the keycodes I need but the Mumble client does not react on them at all. The interesting thing is that I can open all the menus on the client, I can send up and down (eg. walk thru all the menus and send enter och open) from my python script but it does not react on any of my shortcuts. I have tried the same script on a Ubuntu 13.10 system and there it works perfectly so this seems to be a issue only on the RPi.

Here is my python code:

import subprocess, os, time, pykeyboard

os.environ['DISPLAY'] = ':0.0'
subprocess.Popen('XAUTHORITY=/home/pi/.Xauthority DISPLAY=:0 /usr/bin/xdotool search --onlyvisible --name Mumble windowactivate', shell=True)

k = pykeyboard.PyKeyboard()
k.press_key(k.control_l_key)
k.press_key('1')
time.sleep(2)
k.release_key('1')
k.release_key(k.control_l_key)

I have logged the keystrokes with xev and the local keyboard and my script are identical. Do you have any ideas on what could be the problem?