This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble loses audio

smitty1981

Hello,

Whenever I go idle in mumble for more then 2-3 mins I lose all audio and when attempting to use my push to talk key nothing happens. If I go into to configure and go through the push to talk key setup again it fixes it untill I go idle or stop talking for more then 2-3 mins.

I have uninstalled mumble and changed push to talk keys and searched all over and so far can't seem to fix this problem. This just seemed to start happenign about 3-4 months ago.

Sometimes, the things I work on end up capturing my hotkey. I'll have to click on Mumble before it can tell that I'm keying in. Have you tried, after it stops working, to just click in the Mumble window and then press your hotkey again before running the config wizzard? If something else captured your mouse and keyboard, clicking in the client window should give them back to Mumble.

Oh, I know what applications do for me, and I don't mind. I like that they capture mouse and keyboard input. I use VirtualBox, RDP, VNC, and other remote and virtual desktop softwares for various reasons. I was merely suggesting that the OP may have the same issue and not know it. If there's a program similar to mine that's capturing his keyboard, it may cause his hotkeys not to work.

Well I run mumble when doing Online gaming Mostly Wow and Diablo3, other then that only other thing running is Iheart Radio stream. I have tried clicking the mumble window but it's wierd. When it happens it's like mumble completely freezes up I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. I don't even see my mumble icon light up when I push the Push to talk key. But I can interact with mumble so when it happens I go to the Audio wizard in mumbles config and reset the Push to talk key and everythign works fine untill I go afk to get a dfrink or use the bathroom or anythign else that takes more then 1-2 mins.

This problem happens weather ot not mumble is the only thing running. I have all drivers and software updated I haven't changed anything qwith my computer other then needed software/driver updates.

• 4 weeks later...

The same problem is happening to me. I'm running Windows 7 (32 bit) on an older desktop computer, and have the latest drivers. Last fall (2013) mumble worked fine. Then the folks who run the server I log into went to a temporary new server... voice started cutting out after a few seconds, and within a minute, it was like mumble locked up and I had no audio. Clicking "Accept" in the settings menu temporarily restored audio, but the problem quickly returned.

After about three weeks, the IT guys that ran the server I used switched to another server/setup, and comms were fine again, no problems. Then in January of 2014, the guys moved to another mumble server which they said handled more users or something, and audio started cutting out again, even faster this time.

I also have a newer laptop running windows 7 (64 bit) and there are no problems with mumble at all.

Perhaps a very smart person can figure this one out?

• 2 weeks later...

I came with the same problem and am almost relieved that I'm not the only one with it (mostly because it's very hard to explain). I normally just hit "Apply" in the settings and it fixes itself, but sometimes it is so frequent that it is very inconvenient. I will look into that InfinityDrop. I don't think I've tried that and maybe that is the key. Seems logical to me.