This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Slow and push-to-talk not functioning

chundleton

Mumble used to work fine for me up until recently.

What's doing right now is acting like my latency is through the roof, when other applications suggest otherwise (In games my latency is normally around 20-40 and everything thing else that uses the internet responds almost instantaneously). When people in the server I go to are talking, it sounds like that have really high latency, but I know they don't, and I don't either. They can hear each other fine. When I try to press my push to talk, one of three things will happen:

1) Nothing

2) Delayed response while keeping the mic open for longer than the duration that I pushed the button

3) A flash of connection and that's it.

Also, the program itself takes on average 1 to 2 seconds to respond to clicks. As for my keyboard, I don't have any problems with it outside of mumble.

Things I've tried:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application. I've run multiple virus and malware scans and they all came up clean. (if you can suggest any virus/malware scanners I'd be happy to run those too) I've rid my computer of a lot of unwanted programs and have tried to run the program with no other programs running and it still does the same thing.