This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Positional Audio plugins for linux

rawnar

As a Linux lover, I would like to try to make a Positional Audio plugin for the linux version of ETQW. With the new API for WIN32 a likewise API for UNIX can be setup. With the introduction of the new API for WIN32 the plugin code has no platform related functions anymore. These functions are now all defined in the mumble_plugin_win32.h header file. So for the plugin coders the format can stay the same. You only would need to include mumble_plugin_unix.h instead of mumble_plugin_win32.h for the Linux version of the plugin. Also the memory location needs to be changed probably. To find the memory location my first guess will be using gameconqueror.

I would need some help in setting up the plugin API for UNIX. Most of the functions in the API need to be translated to UNIX. For the following functions I have some ideas.

peekProc() can be translated with the use of the ptrace library.

getProcess() take a look at the pidof and killall source to find the appropriate functions.

getModuleAddr() take a look at the scanmem code and hopefully it can give the information I need.

u8() seems to be a conversion wide character no idea about the functions needed.

initialize() ptrace has some functions to attach to a process(but maybe not needed)

generic_unlock() again ptrace can also detach from a process(but maybe not needed)

Is this a feasible idea? :D

And is someone willing to help me with the coding? ;)

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.