This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble encountered a problem and needs to close

vim

Whenever I start mumble it pops up with an error that says: "Mumble - Low-latency VoIP client has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I am able to see the program itself load and see the server list refresh and show available servers to connect to.

I sent a crash report but was wondering if anyone may have an idea of what's happening.

All antivirus/firewall services were disabled and I tried restarting.

AppName: mumble.exe

AppVer: 1.2.7.0

Offset: 000c9224

Exception Information

Code: 0xc0000094

Flags: 0x00000000

Record: 0x0000000000000000

Address: 0x00000000004c9224

System Information:

Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600

Thanks.

This issue occurred with version 1.2.7 and did not manifest as the result of an upgrade. The problem did start after I accidentally deleted my certificate file though. I managed to restore it but the program is still having problems.

Every time I launch it provides me the option to submit a crash report. I can also click "cancel" on the server list and go into settings, audio/certificate wizard etc. However, there is still a "Mumble has encountered a problem and needs to close" dialog box that if I exit out of the entire program will close.

I tried running winxp in safe mode with networking and that did fix the issue (the error message doesn't pop up). I also tried running Mumble in compatibility mode (Windows 95, NT, 2000) but that didn't help. I also upgraded to 1.2.8 but that did not help either.

If I do choose to send a crash report it says the file "7a05_appcompat.txt" will be included in the error report. Could that have something to do with it? Maybe a certificate issue?

• Administrators

That it works in safemode makes me think this might be driver related. A driver update might also explain why things stopped working when mumble itself didn't change. Make sure you are using the most recent drivers especially for network and audio.

What you said about the reporting doesn't sound like our crash reporter. Does it look like this:http://mumble.sourceforge.net/static/crashreport.png

If so if you tell me what email / message you specified I might be able to take a closer look.