Jump to content
Mumble forums

Links not working


Agomir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,


Whenever I try to click on a link in Mumble, nothing happens unless I set IE as my default browser. I have the latest stable versions of Firefox (31), Chrome (36) and Opera (23). As soon as I set any of them as default, links in the chat panel stop working. This problem has been around since I built my PC in January 2013. I'm using 64 bit Windows 8.1 Pro (was the same before the 8.1 upgrade). I reinstalled Windows a little while back, but the problem remains. This is a clean install of Windows, bought directly from Microsoft, not a vendor modified version. At least 4 of my friends on Windows 8 have the same problem with at least 1 browser other than IE.


I found a couple of bug reports about my issue, but they've all been closed concluding it was a problem with a beta version of Chrome. Which is not the case here.


A virtual machine on the same PC, running Windows 8.1 Pro, oddly enough doesn't have this problem.


Surely if there are 4 of us here with the same problem, it can't be an isolated issue. Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I saw that. Someone else was having the same problem with both Chrome and Firefox, but it was closed as they concluded it was a bug with Chrome. But it's every browser...


Wish I could find some fix for this as I really hate having IE as default browser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Windows 8 mainly. Although we do have several games in common, I'm pretty sure I installed Mumble and discovered this problem before any games. I think we're all using AMD graphics cards though, but not the same ones. Of course, I'm using the latest Calatyst driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

My setup is Windows 8.1 with and AMD card and latest drivers too. You said this issue has been occurring for version from the last 18 months? Did it not occur with version earlier than that? If so which one. Without being able to reproduce this it is very hard to figure out why this occurs for you. Our code is only involved very slightly with the operation of opening the links so the bug would probably have to be in our underlying framework or - much less likely - with the OS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm afraid I can't pinpoint a version, because 18 months ago is when I built my system and installed Windows 8 on it. I managed to find one of the people who were having trouble, but his is only with Chrome, with Firefox links work for him, which is odd as the Chrome bug should be gone by now.

On my laptop, where Windows 8 was installed from the same USB key, I can't reproduce it either. I installed all 4 browsers, and both e-mail clients (Thunderbird and WLM).


I've re-run the DLL registrations on the desktop with the problem, and still nothing. It's really strange as it's the only software that has that problem.


Any idea where the default browser is registered for clicking links? I tried to find the registry keys, but couldn't find anything either on the web or just searching the registry. I wanted to see if maybe there was something wrong there...


Below the DxDiag, maybe that will help.

 

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/26/2014, 21:30:50
  Operating System: Windows 8.1 Professionnel 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)
          Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: MSI
      System Model: MS-7752
              BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/19/12 13:50:26 Ver: 04.06.05
         Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
            Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
         Page File: 7179MB used, 11587MB available
       Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
   DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
  User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
   DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Not sure if the OP managed to fix their issue, but I thought I'd just bump this topic instead of opening a new one as I have the same (or rather very similar) problem.


Mumble won't open links when Chrome is set as the default browser, but Firefox opens them just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...