This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Friends voices cut out then back in but they always hear me

Some guy

When I use Mumble my friends voices will randomly cut out (their icons go grey) but they can still hear me and after a few seconds their voices will come back on for me. I used the loopback option to see what was happening and when I used the server loopback option when they cut out, I couldn't hear myself.

I have recently bought a new headset, the ex05s gioteck headset, plug and play USB headset that installed new audio drivers. Is this the problem? Should I reinstall the drivers?

Thanks!

• Moderators

IIRC the "red lips" are related to "audio packets received" by the client, so I'd expect it's network related not audio hardware related.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

Well after about 5 minutes Packets lost from the client were at about 2.79% and lost to the client were 0.89% (though at one point they were at 5%). After seven and a half minutes packets lost from the client were at 1.79% and to the client at 1.35%.

I was looking at the right info, right? UDP network statistics?

• Administrators

Probably ISP / network provider!?

I asked about QoS because some faulty routers are known to have problems with it - that could have been the cause as well.

Other than that, some firewall, router, or network driver.