This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble loses Sound/Voice after a short time.

TicTacRock

Hello, I recently got back to school in a dorm and Mumble has been acting strange ever since. When I connect to a server I can hear people talking and they can hear me for about a minute or two. Then suddenly I can't hear anyone talking, nor can they hear me (their speech lips don't even light up anymore). They can still read what I say in chat, but it won't be read to them phonetically.

This is a really strange issue and I have no idea how to fix it. I've never had this problem on my schools internet before.

• Administrators

Right click yourself, and check your packet loss. Do your (specifically) UDP packets get lost?

They can still read what I say in chat, but it won't be read to them phonetically.

That can’t be. The TTS reading of text is an OS provided feature. It is client side only. If they receive the text, it should be read like always - or not if they have it disabled.

I don't see any packet loss but I do remember getting a message once that said mumble had to switch from UDP to TCP mode. I've also checked off the forced TCP mode in the settings and the problem disappears, not sure if there are any defects to that or anything...