This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

ERROR: Connection Timed Out

mikeflores

hello,

I want to create a voice chat for me and some friends while we play online. So I have recently installed Mumble and Murmur in my Windows XP Professional PC. I followed the guides (didn't change much) and I was able to connect if I use the internal IP address. When I try to connect to my router exposed address I get an error message "Connection Time Out". I have setup firewall and port forward.

I guess I'm missing something in my configuration? Thanks!

Hi Mikeflores,

My first guess is that a router often behaves differently when a route request comes from an internal ip-address, then when an external ip-address asks for a route. To check if the port forwarding really does not work, ask a friend to connect to your server.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.