This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

pub_keys

sv3nx

Are you talking about server or client data?

When changing the server, you don't have to change the client. (apart from the target address ofc)

Ok, I'll start right from beggining.

1. I moved murmur to different server(machine) with different IP address.

2. I can see all the registered users on new machine and so on.

3. When I connect to the "new server"(server files are the same, but the machine is different), how can I authenticate myself as the user I was registered on the previous? Isn't mumble using somekind of private key or something?

• Administrators

Well. If you've really taken the database with you (murmur.sqlite) then all the accounts should work as they did before. The certificate hashes for the users are saved in the database.

Are you sure that you local client is still using the same certificate to identify itself it did use on the old host?

Well. If you've really taken the database with you (murmur.sqlite) then all the accounts should work as they did before. The certificate hashes for the users are saved in the database.

Are you sure that you local client is still using the same certificate to identify itself it did use on the old host?

When I switched to new machine it asked me to "add" new certificate. For example when I had both running and connected to the new machine with ip, and not domain name, it created new certificate. What happens if client computer is being reinstalled or something, how do you resetore it then?

Go back to your old machine and backup your certificate from wizard in Mumble. Then move it to where you want it. Also, certificate is what you meant "pub key". ;)

Lol, sorry that is what I ment, just couln't find the right word for it. Thanks!