This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble is unable to use the microphone with Pulseaudio

realnc

Mumble does not record anything from my microphone. Nothing can be heard in the audio wizard feedback test and the graphic bar shows total silence.

The microphone works; I can hear what it records when I increase the "capture feedback" in alsamixer. Input sources are set at "mic" and +24db gain is enabled.

I'm using Pulseaudio 0.9.21.2 on Gentoo Linux. Mumble version 1.2.2. It has been compiled with pulse support enabled, and with alsa, oss, portaudio, speech and zeroconf disabled. Sound blaster live 24-bit.

One detail that might matter: In the audio wizard, when pressing next in the screen where the voice says "this is an example of speex, an audio codec blah blah" to get to the microphone input screen, sometimes the voice from the previous dialog is treated as input from the microphone, and the last few milliseconds are repeated and echoed (which increasing volume) and shown in the bar. This is with the microphone even disconnected from the sound card so it can't be coming from it.