This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[SOLVED] PUG Group Server Password

Lindee

• Moderators

Not really, the best thing to do would be to use some sort of a script to create accounts with passwords, and give those users permissions to enter the PUG channel. If you create them an account, it will bypass the server password (which isn't really a "server password", it's a password for unregistered users). You might even be able to programmatically set their "last channel" entry to the channel ID of the PUG channel, so they go straight in there, and then with correct permissions they'd not be able to go anywhere else.

I'm afraid there's not much you can do without Ice access and a decent script to do the heavy lifting. Treat the server password as semi-secret, or remove it temporarily, and create a "lobby" channel where an admin can register and move PUG users?

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.