This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

CentOS 6 Client

nick1234

Sorry if this is a silly question, but after following the install tutorial for CentOS6 here:

http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Install_CentOS6#Murmur_1.2.4

It looks like I have the server up and running. But I can't find the CentOS6 client.

The docs say "For most Linux distributions, the client package name is mumble and the server package name is mumble-server or murmur". I have a "mumble-server" and a "murmurd" but no "mumble" , which I would assume would be the client. Where do I find this?

Nick

• Moderators

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think anyone's done the heavy lifting to support CentOS 6 for the client.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.