This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmur allowing duplicate IP's

HaXoRsMoBiLe

Im currently in search of a way to allow duplicate IP's on my mumble server.

When two people connect from the same IP it will sometimes work, but most of the time the 2nd can only listen but not talk.

I cannot find anything on google. I cannot find anything in the config files.

If there is a way please let me know.

Is this happening with multiple people? Can you give a rundown of how many people are connecting and how?

I ran a server with at least 2 sets of people connecting from the same IP address and haven't run into this before. So I'm wondering if it's a local problem to 1 person.

i have 3 sets of people in our guild having the exact same problems. the thing that strikes me as odd is that it will work for a while, then all of a sudden quit working. and from that point on it will not work properly again.

these said people. can connect to a different clans mumble and not have any problems.

my murmur server is hosted on windows server 2008 if that makes any difference.

• Moderators

This is probably their router being very silly, where one UDP "connection" is clobbering the state of the other - though it's unusual that it's listen but not talk, normally in my experience it's the other way around. Is your server port-forwarded behind a router, or is it hosted elsewhere? If the former, suspect your router first.

To rule out your server, have two of them connect to one of the public servers (if the list is back up, if not they can use ca2.mumbledog.com as it's definitely not hosted on Windows) and see if it works there.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

• 3 weeks later...