This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Music bot in Mumble.

Spoksidoodle

I have been trying to set up a music bot in mumble with decent sound quality but so far have not been able to.

I can play music in mumble but the quality sounds worse then it does in Teamspeak even though the bitrate is much higher (96 vs 11 Kib/s). Is there a way to maybe force mumble to use the opus music codec becasue that is what teamspeak uses and it somehow sounds better?

Thank you in advance^^

To my knowledge, there's precious little difference between "voice" and "music" settings in Opus since the codec will switch automatically depending on the programme you feed it; however, mumble is strictly mono, which will definitely change multichannel inputs depending on the exact audio chain.