This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble crash when launching

spirates

Summery.

Downloaded client from mumble.com and installed it

Tries to launch the program, a few seconds later I get a error window (from mumble not windows), that basiclly says: "mumble crashed, would u like to send crash report?" (this is all in swedish aswell for whatever reason, i did not get a option to choose a swedish client.

Ok long version.

I've had mumble in the past but haven't used it for 1-2 years or so. I downloaded the new version 1.2.8 and just ran through the install process. Then It wont load and i get the error msg i described earlier. After this I uninstalled it, went to C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming and deleted the whole mumble folder. I went into regedit to see if i had some mumble files (or whatever u find in this place) but couldent find any. Basicually I tried to clean my computer of all mumble files. Then I did a new install and the same problem occurs.

What should I do?

Well it doesn't work. I tried install the earlier version aswell 1.2.7 and get same error msg http://i.imgur.com/B5f1wQK.png. I then tried to install 1.2.3 and then I get a windows error instead A referral was returned by the server which led me to http://www.mumble.com/support/mumble-a-referral-was-returned-by-the-server.php but it fails at the last step because the "update certificate" button simply does not exist.

• Administrators

If you manage to submit a crash report please PM me what you wrote for email and description. The reported should only be in swedish if that's your system language or the language you configure mumble to use btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. I attempted to run 1.2.8 and it crashes upon running mumble. I just installed 1.2.3 as someone said they could use it but when I try to connect to a server it gives me an error message and attempts to reconnect but fails to do so.