Mumble forums

Mumble cause my Razer Naga thumb buttons to stop working

dolordraco

Hi, this is a pretty weird issue. I have reinstalled Razer Synapse, Mumble and contacted Razer support without any solutions. I have a Razer Naga 2014 mouse and the side buttons on the thumb grid (12 buttons) stop working whenever I launch Mumble. The buttons just become unresponsive and won't respond to presses. As soon as I exit Mumble, they start working again.

For example, if I press the button 5 on the thumb grid without mumble program in the background it would type out 555. However, as soon as I launch Mumble, pressing this button no longer does anything.

This problem isn't specific to my mouse as I just brought a brand new Razer Naga 2014 and it had the identical issue. I had a Razer Blackwidow keyboard that would malfunction in the presence of Mumble as well. On that keyboard, the left ctrl key would stop working whenever I have mumble open.

I am guessing there is something that is used by the Razer peripherals and Mumble that gets corrupted but I can't find anything via googling.

Hoping someone knows the answer.

Thanks!

• Administrators

You did not bind that button in Mumble and checked the suppres checkbox, did you?

I would suggest trying to disable windows hooks (necessary for PTT) to test.

Disable Winhooks: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-IBZsflR_1dVlPOTl4U3FwTGM/view?usp=sharing

Enable Winhooks (after testing): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-IBZsflR_1Z0FXbjYtbk5VNFE/view?usp=sharing