This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble will not get audio from my mic

Cobracano

I am using a bluetooth headset and it has been working perfectly for a while now. However, today mumble stopped getting audio from it. My computer and teamspeak 3 both get audio from it but for some reason Mumble does not. I tried reinstalling mumble already and that did not work. Also tried resetting all settings. When I run the audio wizard it also gets no audio from the device even though it is listed as one of the devices. Any help with this would be appreciated thanks.

Also, the lips for all other users show as red when they speak but mine do not. Not when I push-to-talk, continuous, or voice level audio detection.

I also tried completely deleting all files on my computer related to mumble and all that resulted in was me losing my certificates and having to set up all my channels again. I think something is blocking mumble from transmitting somehow. Can anyone help at all...any assistance would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry for no reply, but I guess nobody has a point to attack here.

If Mumble sees the audio device, and you can select it, and it works with others, I really don’t know why it would not work.

Mumble simply uses the audio device like the other programs do as well.

I know there has been problems with headsets with integrated soundcars, because those / their drivers were shit, but I don’t know.

Thanks for getting back to me! Iwent and bought a new bluetooth adapter for my PC and that didn't fix it. I don't see what else I could be. The weird thing is it was working fine before. I guess I will try to reinstall the drivers for my integrated sound and go from there. Is there anything else I can mess with to try and get it working? If you figure anything else please let me know as my issue is still unresolved.