This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmur and MySQL

faraon3

I'm reposting this from the old forums, I hope thats alright, but I'm stuck. I have murmur up and running on my server using MySQL database. I SSH into my server to start murmur with the command "nohup ./murmur.x86 &" and all is well, I can connect to my server, and others can too. The problem I'm having is that approximately an hour after I close my SSH session, if a user tries to connect, murmur shuts down with the following entry left in the log file:

2010-02-13 02:38:10.482 Lost connection to SQL Database: Reconnect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect

This happens with version 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. Any ideas why this may happen or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Do you start you MySQL Server from your ssh session?

Manually or via /etc/init.d startscript so it runs independently?

Maybe something is closed with the ssh session ending.

Do you disconnect your ssh session or just close your terminal which somehow doesn't do that?