This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Microphone not working

omz99

Hey,

I have a turtle beach headset which is wired and has a microphone with it. I tried using this headset on a Mumble server but no one can hear me, but when talk on Skype with someone, they could hear me. So why cant anyone here on the Mumble server.

Please Help!

Have you run the audio wizard?

Is PTT set with a short cut?

When you talk in mumble does your icon light up to show that your mic is activating?

In "audio input" do you have the right device selected?

Have you tried starting mumble in 'admin' mode?

Is this a new problem or have you never been able to speak on Mumble?

Okay thanks for replying!

Have you run the audio wizard? Yes ive run auto wizard

Is PTT set with a short cut? Is ppt push to talk, if so I tried using it but I have it set on Numpad 9 and it says that I have to press that everytime to talk which is annoying for me so I set it to Signal to Noise. Please tell me if I have to change this

When you talk in mumble does your icon light up to show that your mic is activating? Yes it does light up, does that mean that other people can hear me?

In "audio input" do you have the right device selected?Yes I do

Have you tried starting mumble in 'admin' mode?Yes

Is this a new problem or have you never been able to speak on Mumble?I have just recently installed Mumble to use on a minecraft server.

Please reply and thanks!

Okay thanks for replying!

Have you run the audio wizard? Yes ive run auto wizard
when you go through the audio wizard does the meter move as you speak?

Is PTT set with a short cut? Is ppt push to talk, if so I tried using it but I have it set on Numpad 9 and it says that I have to press that everytime to talk which is annoying for me so I set it to Signal to Noise. Please tell me if I have to change this
Try changing to "continuous" for testing purposes

When you talk in mumble does your icon light up to show that your mic is activating? Yes it does light up, does that mean that other people can hear me?
when the icon lights up it means your mic is active and you should be sending audio

In "audio input" do you have the right device selected?Yes I do
maybe try playing around with the "interface" options in the "audio input" section. try selecting a different device.

Is this a new problem or have you never been able to speak on Mumble?I have just recently installed Mumble to use on a minecraft server.
are you able to hear the other people in the server?